lunes, 27 de junio de 2011

Izalco and Sonsonate

First, I'd like to say, thank God for the weekend. I enjoy sleeping. And secondly, that on Mondays, it is SO hard to get out of bed.

So, for this weekend-- I've been here for a little over 3 weeks now, and it has been wonderful. Difficult at times? Yes. Have people laughed at my expense? Of course. But am I learning a lot and thoroughly enjoying this beautiful country and the people I've met? Absolutely. But anyway. The weekend.

Saturday, I went to Izalco with Gracia and her family to visit friends and attend the one year memorial mass of the mother of the aforementioned friends. The church was gorgeous and is one of the oldest churches in El Salvador. I also tried the yucca that Izalco is known for-- at the moment, I forget the specific name for it, but its kinda mashed a little and made with some special sauce and a few vegetables. It kinda tastes a little like potatoes this way...but not really. It was delicious, of course.

The majority of Sunday was spent in Sonsonate helping with the opening service of the newest edition to the growing number of church's or "celulas" under CEFAD (the Maeda's church here in San Salvador). I was in a drama and I died. :( But, of course I got to hug Jesus and wear a crown and do a little choreographed dance for the rest of the skit.

I honestly could write more about the weekend, but I'm exhausted right now. Gracia invited me to go to the gym with her tonight...and boy, was it an experience. Aerobic class was more like dance class. And I, unfortunately, am a gringa and therefore lack the significant amount of hip action that this class required....At least I stood in the back. And then, after the dance class, it was on to a cycling class. Let's just say, that afterward, I needed help from Gracia to go down the stairs. And that I was sweating so much, that even my shorts were soaked, and it looked like I wet my pants. Yeah. It's bedtime.

Oh, and I don't have the camera right now. So I'll upload pictures from the weekend soon, tomorrow hopefully.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario