jueves, 30 de junio de 2011

Blogs can be frustrating sometimes...

Last night, I tried for almost an hour to make this blog work so I could upload pictures....but alas. That mission failed. Hopefully, this attempt will go through...though I don't have the patience this time around to deal with photos.

It's Thursday and I haven't posted in here since Monday, so you would think I would have a lot of catching up to do...but honestly, this week has been rather normal (other than the unexpected death trip to the gym; those bicycle seats make sitting down rather painful the next day...). I've been going to school everyday, taking a little siesta/rest in the afternoon, busy in the evenings. You know, just living life.

Tonight, I went out with Gracia and the entourage of people that always seem to come along by default-- of course, the group seems to change everytime, so I'm always meeting new people. We managed at one point to squeeze 11 people in a 5 person car-- and no worries, this is a fairly common sight/practice in El Salvador.

Anyway, Gracia & Co. and I we went to a sort of mini-opera in what I think was an art museum. I, of course, enjoyed the performance. I feel like I'm getting to do some interesting cultural stuff here. The ballet, opera concert, the gym (trust me, it was a cultural experience) and papusas with just about everything. After the concert, we of course went and got papusas and chatted for a while.

Today is one of those days when I feel like my Spanish is getting better-- I could understand a lot of the conversation at the table (as long as Gracia wasn't talking. She goes a mile a minute in both English and Spanish) and I also met an American missionary who's dating one of Gracia's friends. He's really fluent and the little small talk I made with him encouraged me in my quest to learn more.

So. That's all for now folks. I'm going to go and think about what I have to say tomorrow night in the youth service-- I'm giving the offering message. I don't know exactly what I was thinking when I agreed to do this...wish me luck.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario